Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Long Long Time Ago...I can Still Remember...


When I was almost 20 I met a man and fell in love. It came as a surprise to me, not that I could fall in love, but that I fell in love with him. He was a nice guy, very good looking. But, I always thought I'd fall in love with someone that was from my church and he was far from that! He smoked, and had two kids!!! I overcame those things with no problem - the kids for instance was not a big deal at all to me. I fell in love with them too. The smoking he was able to stop, although it took some time. We spent a lot of time together. Pretty much every day and evening that we could. He lived with his kids and his parents next door to where I lived with my parents. About a year after we started to date, he died. He was working on a car for a friend and the car fell off the blocks and crushed him. Killing him. I was devastated. I thought it was the most cruel joke anyone could ever play on a person. The reality was, it wasn't a joke at all. Life as I had come to know it changed, drastically. Not only did I not have him in my life, but his kids were not in my life any longer either. His funeral was on my 21st birthday! The family went through a huge custody battle and within a few years the grandparents took the kids and moved out of the area. I would hear about the kids from time to time. But I didn't see them or see how they had grown. A few years ago at a funeral, for a member of their family, I was able to see them again. But still there was no real contact. Facebook has been an exciting experience for me. Through a friend of a friend of a friend (or something like that) I was able to reconnect with both of the kids again. Suprisingly to me, they aren't kids any more. I don't remember growing older, when did they? He is 32 and she is 31. How did she get to be a beauty, how did he grow to be so tall....wasn't it yesterday when they were small? I am so happy to know they are doing well. I love being able to "talk" to them on facebook. We have even talked about meeting sometime. How great will that be.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

It's great you're in touch with them again!

Brooke said...

Okay that was a sad story! I can't even begin to imagine how awful that was for you or his children. That is great you reconnected on facebook! Hope all is well with you and your cute family:)

DCAja said...

https://www.riverockfestival.net/2020/11/pinjaman-online.html