Thursday, October 23, 2008

Always Always Busy




I feel like I'm so busy lately that I don't even have time to breathe! Being Co-President of the PTO and 2nd counsellor in Primary as well as volunteer in my daughter's classroom and the after school choir and doing yard duty... sometimes I think I forget to breathe. But I don't think I'd have it any other way. This has been an exceptionally busy time. We have our Harvest Carnival coming up this Saturday and I feel like there is still so much to do to get ready. I really hope it turns out to be a fun event for the families from our school. Not only have I been totally immersed in that, but we had a ribbon cutting/dedication ceremony for some new playground equipment on Tuesday, I was in charge of planning the ceremony and seeing it through. We dedicated our new Rock Wall to the memory of a young girl that passed away last year at the age of 8. She was such an inspiration to everyone in our community. As soon as the Harvest Carnival is over it will be time to focus on Taylor's baptism. Then I'm hoping to come up for some air.
This coming week is Taylor's 8th birthday. It is so hard to believe she will be 8. She was born on my niece Kayla's 17th birthday. I was so excited. I have always felt as if Kayla were like my own daughter. I know she's not, Denise, don't worry...I won't steal her from you. But I do love her a lot. And now Kayla's baby is turning one! WOW! Where does the time go? I wish I could be in Utah this week end to celebrate Shelby Lynn's (my middle name ;o), Lynn) 1st birthday. Have fun you guys.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I wish you could pull a Bill and surprise us! We will miss you. I also wish I would be at the baptism next weekend! I am so disappointed I won't be :(
I love you guys! You're like my second mom!